Pinoy BBQ Sauce is a flavorful, tangy and sweet sauce that is used in many Filipino dishes. It is a perfect accompaniment for grilled meats and seafood. The unique combination of flavors makes this sauce an essential part of every Filipino meal. This recipe will help you make a delicious and authentic Pinoy BBQ Sauce that your family and friends will love.
Ingredients You Need
Making Pinoy BBQ Sauce is fairly simple and requires only a few ingredients. Here is what you will need:
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Instructions for Making Pinoy BBQ Sauce
Making Pinoy BBQ Sauce is easy and can be done in just a few steps. Here is what you will need to do in order to make your own delicious Pinoy BBQ Sauce:
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine all of the ingredients and stir until everything is well-combined.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the sauce has thickened and reduced in volume, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Once the sauce has cooled, transfer it to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Serving Suggestions for Pinoy BBQ Sauce
Pinoy BBQ Sauce is a great accompaniment to just about any grilled meat or seafood. Here are some great ideas for how to use your Pinoy BBQ Sauce:
- It is the perfect topping for grilled pork, chicken or beef.
- It is also great for marinating beef, pork, chicken or seafood before grilling.
- It makes a delicious dipping sauce for shrimp, chicken wings or fried fish.
- It is also great for adding flavor to stir-fries, fried rice or noodles.
- It can also be used as a marinade for grilled vegetables.
Tips for Making the Best Pinoy BBQ Sauce
Here are a few tips to help you make the best Pinoy BBQ Sauce:
- Using freshly ground spices will make a big difference in the flavor of your sauce.
- You can adjust the sweetness or spiciness of the sauce by adding more or less of the ingredients.
- If you want your sauce to be thicker, you can simmer it for a longer period of time.
- Adding a dash of Worcestershire sauce will add a nice depth of flavor to the sauce.
- You can add a little bit of hot sauce if you want the sauce to be spicier.
Pinoy BBQ Sauce is a delicious and versatile sauce that is perfect for all kinds of grilled meat and seafood. With this easy to follow recipe, you can make your own delicious Pinoy BBQ Sauce in no time. Give it a try and see how much your family and friends will love it!