Are you looking for a delicious fruit cake recipe for 2023? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. Costco’s fruit cake is an all-time favorite among many people and it’s easy to make. This recipe is simple and can be made in just a few hours. All you need is a few ingredients and some basic baking skills. Read on to learn how to make Costco’s fruit cake from scratch.
To make this delicious and sweet fruit cake, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup diced candied cherries
- 1/4 cup brandy or rum (optional)
Now that you have all of your ingredients prepared, it’s time to start baking your Costco fruit cake! Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Stir in the raisins, dates, apricots, figs, walnuts, and cherries.
- If desired, add the brandy or rum and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 9-inch (23 cm) round cake pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
This Costco fruit cake is best served at room temperature. Serve it with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for a truly decadent treat. You can also store it in an airtight container for up to 1 week. If you are feeling adventurous, you can try topping the cake with a light glaze or a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Here is a nutrition guide for this Costco fruit cake recipe:
|1 slice (1/10th of cake)||300||11g||70mg||135mg||49g||2g||31g||4g|
Costco’s fruit cake is a classic dessert that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. This recipe is easy to make and can be prepared in just a few hours. Plus, it’s packed with delicious dried fruits and nuts that add a touch of sweetness and texture to the cake. So, if you’re looking for an easy and tasty dessert for 2023, give this Costco Fruit Cake recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed!