The popularity of Korean food has skyrocketed in recent years due to its delicious taste and amazing health benefits. With its vibrant colors and bold flavors, it’s no wonder that Korean BBQ has become so popular. But for those of us who aren’t able to travel to South Korea to enjoy the real thing, we can make a delicious version of the dish at home. Here is a Korean BBQ recipe Filipino style that will bring the taste of South Korea right into your own home.
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and easy to find. You will need:
- 1 lb. beef short ribs
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- Mix the soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and black pepper together in a bowl. Place the short ribs in the marinade and let it sit for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ribs to the skillet and cook until they are browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Add the white vinegar and fish sauce to the pan and stir to combine.
- Add the honey, gochujang, and the remaining marinade to the skillet. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place the ribs in a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the ribs are cooked through.
- Remove the ribs from the baking dish and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
This delicious Korean BBQ dish can be served with a variety of side dishes. Popular sides include steamed white rice, kimchi, and pickled cucumbers. For a complete meal, you can also serve this dish with a side salad or a bowl of soup. And don’t forget to serve the dish with some soy sauce, gochujang, and sesame oil for added flavor!
Marinating the ribs for longer than 1 hour will result in a more flavorful dish. You can also add other ingredients to the marinade to give it an even bolder flavor. If you are looking for an even spicier dish, you can add extra gochujang or chili powder to the marinade. And if you prefer a sweeter flavor, try adding some honey or brown sugar to the marinade.
Korean BBQ is a delicious and flavorful dish that can be enjoyed by everyone. With this simple and easy-to-follow recipe, you can make your own version of the dish right at home. And with a few adjustments to the marinade and the cooking time, you can tailor the dish to fit your own unique tastes. So gather your ingredients and get ready to make your own delicious version of Korean BBQ Filipino style!